Are you planning a 2016 vacation to Walt Disney World? There are a few changes you should be aware of before deciding on a vacation package vs a room only reservation.
Personally, I think the changes are fantastic. I love the addition of mini golf and ESPN Wide World of Sports tickets. I think most of what was removed, wasn’t really being used any way. I would have liked to have seen the Splitsville discount remain at 20%, but other than that- I think these changes are all for the better. These enhancements will truly enhance an already magical Walt Disney World vacation!
Here is the official list of what is new with the 2016 Magic Your Way vacation packages:
- Enhanced! Miniature Golf now includes four vouchers per package (instead of two), each valid for one round of miniature golf prior to 4:00 p.m. on one day at either Disney’s Fantasia Gardens or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course.
- New! Four vouchers per package to ESPN Wide World of Sports, each valid for one general admission into ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex on one day for one Guest.
- Discount on the price of bowling at Splitsville Luxury Lanes™ is now 10% instead of 20% and the 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Monday – Friday restrictions have been removed.
- Dining discount at Planet Hollywood® is now 15% instead of $15.00.
- Arcade Game Card
- Bongos Cuban Cafe® dining discount
- Children’s Activity Center discount
- Disney Tours discount
- DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park two (2) vouchers
- Fulton’s Crab House dining discount
- Horseback Trail Rides discount
- Guided Bass Fishing Excursion or Bass Nitro Fishing Excursion discount
- Paradiso 37 dining discount
- Spa Treatments or Salon Services discount
- Walt Disney World marinas discounts
Updated Policies for Packages to Walt Disney World® Resort:
Booking Window – Reservations can be booked up to one (1) business day prior to arrival online and by phone. This change is effective for all travel booked beginning 6/22/15 (applies to 2015 and 2016 Packages).
Payments at Time of Booking – Reservations can be confirmed with a $200.00 deposit plus applicable supplier fees up to 31 days prior to arrival. Full payment due for all bookings made within 30 days of arrival.
Final Payment – Final payments must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival.
Change/Cancellation Fee – There are no fees for package changes or cancellations made 31 or more days prior to arrival. (Additional options included with the package may be subject to supplier fees for cancellations or modifications).
Courtesy Hold – If booking prior to the final payment due date, reservations may be held without payment for up to three (3) calendar days or until the final payment due date, whichever is first. (Airfare is due at the time of booking; Travel insurance premiums must be paid at the time of deposit or purchase of insurance.)
Please note that the last date of a 2016 Magic Your Way Package may not be more than 499 days in the future.