We would like to thank one of Castle Dreams Travel’s Travel Planners, Marie Winters, for this entry of helpful hints using Walt Disney World’s FastPass+!
Guests visiting Disney World’s theme parks can reduce the amount of time waiting in line for their favorite rides and attractions by pre-selecting up to three FastPass+ experiences with each theme park ticket. Guests staying at a Disney resort may make their FastPass+ selections 60 days prior to arrival, while guests who are staying offsite and purchased their tickets directly from Disney may make FastPass+ selections 30 days prior to arrival. You can makes these selections using your My Disney Experience account either online via a laptop or through the MDE smartphone app. To download the latest version of the app, visit an app store or visit MyDisneyExperience.com
Here are some recommendations when choosing FastPasses:
- The FastPass+ feature will suggest ranges of times for the attractions you want. Select the times you want for up to three attractions you want right away and save them. Later on you can fine tune the exact times, but it’s best to secure any time on the day your are visiting to avoid disappointment. Due to the popularity of the meet and greet with Frozen’s Anna and Elsa, you may not be able to change your time.
- If your plans change, you can use the MDE mobile app during your trip to change your times while you are in the parks, subject to availability.
- If you want to meet Anna and Elsa, I recommend getting online to select this Fast Pass very early in the morning, as they are very popular.
- If you plan to arrive at the parks at opening time, you shouldn’t need to use FastPasses until an hour or two after opening, as the park is not yet crowded. So save those FastPasses until midmorning.
- Once you have used all our FPs for a day, you can obtain one more at a time via the smartphone app or at FP kiosks located throughout the parks. So if you have all your FPs end by late afternoon and use them all, you can try to obtain more after that.
- The most popular attractions are Anna and Elsa, Seven Dwarfs MIne Train, Soarin’, Test Track, Toy Story Mania, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror. However, you cannot reserve both Soarin and Test Track in Epcot, or Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios. So I recommend going straight to whichever ride you don’t choose FP for upon entering Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Other attractions that are popular that have slow loading lines and popular with younger visitors are Peter Pan’s Flight, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Dumbo the Flying Elephant.
- Some attractions provide single rider lines such as Test Track and Rockin Roller Coaster. If you are brave enough, you can choose this option rather than using up a FP!